It is necessary to know the applicable email server settings in order to make use of SBC global email on outlook. The SBC global email is one of the email domains presented by AT&T. In order to set up SBC Global net account on POP3 you are required to give the email providers with their addresses and the connection settings for the outgoing and incoming servers. This is very easy and simple process and takes few minutes to complete. You are required to follow the below mentioned automatic or manual set up methods to set up SBC Global on POP3.
What Is The Procedure To Set Up SBC Global Net On POP3 By Using Outlook?
Automatic Set Up Steps:
- In the first step you are required turn on your computer or any other related operating system and open the outlook 2002 or 2003 on your system.
- In the next step you are supposed to open the applications tray and click on the option of “Email” and then click on the option of “Next” if adding the account first time.
- If you are adding a multiple accounts, you may already be in the inbox of your first account when you stroke the “Email”.
- You are supposed to hit on the option of “Menu” from the inbox of the email application and then tap on the option of “Add a new email account” to move next.
- You have to choose the type of account from the option of POP3 and IMAP4.
- Enter your complete email id with domain name and password into the specified areas.
- In the last step click on the option of “Next” to finish the process.
Manual Set Up Steps:
- Firstly you have to click on the option of file and tick on the button marked as “Email”.
- As you get an access to this you are required to click on the option of “Menu” and then tap the button of “Add a new account”.
- You are required to choose the type of account from the available option of POP3 and IMAP4.
- In the next step you have to enter the user name with full user id and domain into the given fields.
- Enter the password into the provided field.
- Type the incoming server address of POP3.
- You have to choose the security (SSL).
- You are required to enter email provider’s incoming port#.
- Verify that all the incoming settings are correct and then click on the option of “Next”.
- After providing the incoming server information, you have to give the details of outgoing server by following the instructions.
- In the last step you are required to click on the button which is marked as “Close”.
How Can You Test The Account Settings?
In the” Test settings” section, you can test the configuration by choosing the “Test account settings”. If any information is missing or incorrect you are required to correct or re enter it. You need to be connected with fast and reliable internet source before to selecting this option.
Where The SBC Global Email Server Settings Are Useful?
These email server settings are helpful every time when you are trying to set up your email program. These settings are also useful when you are trying to verify your email program.
What Is The Incoming And Outgoing Server For SBC Global Net Email?
- Outgoing server for SBC global email you can use this: smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com, port 995.
- Incoming server for SBC global email is: pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com, port 465.